Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sorting Through Mom's Things

I've come across poems she wrote. No date, no order, but I'm going to share them here over the next few days.


When you left Ireland's shore
That beautiful green door
You thought to widening your view
Be true to your birthplace
That lovely earth place
Then Ireland will be proud of you.



*********************



I made a decision
When I 'had' my vision
To learn all the hymns in the book.
Yet... I waited too long
And I know I was wrong,
For now I can't even look.




*******************


I know it's a dream

But it would seem

I could visit the Causeway or not.

Finn McCoule was a giant.

And he was quiet defiant.

Threw stones at a giant Scot!!


********************



Use your eye and ear

To see and hear

These things your mind will store.

Don't let any nonsense

Get into your conscience

Don't let it get past the door!


Edna