Saturday, October 4, 2008

A few more lines

To deal with your neighbour
Your must always favour
The honest road
Learn in your youth
To tell the truth
You'll earn respect not sorrow.



************************


I have no desire to set the world on fire
I want to learn as I go
The knowledge it brings
Let your soar on wings
Each experience is an added glow.




***********************



When I came to the US
I must confess
It was easy to love everyone
I'd like to state
My in-laws were great
And friends welcomed me and my son!



************************


It's a date to be made
For the 12th parade
Those banners and colours are grand
The people in the street
Clap their hand to the beat
Of that stirring music of the band!




*************************


I have a desire before I retire
To relive a few memories.
So I have my dreams
of those wonderful scenes
Of that far off land I love best.

Belfast was my home
But I had to roam
So it's going back to Ireland for me.

The Botanic Gardens fair
and the Glass house there
IN the Tropical Revene
Growing bananas can be seen.
It's a lovely place I declare.

If I should chance to attend a dance
Can't you hear the music play?
I take to the floor
As in days of yore
Oh the years would slip away!


It's a game and I'll tell you the name
It's 'piggy' played with stick and bat
You hit the stick
And just as quick
You send it flying like that!

I think I will stop
Before I drop
It's not my intention to bore
I'll leave it to you
To read it through
And judge me ever more.

Edna Bond Butler